Should you wish to donate your vehicle to The Hub Garage, please take or call your local auto repair shop to help you decide if it’s worth repairing or if it should be sold for scrap. Pending that decision, the following instructions apply:
IF THE VEHICLE IS NOT REPAIRABLE, NEEDS TO BE SOLD FOR PARTS:
- You would need to submit your vehicle to our online portal which can be found here.
- Our third-party vendor will contact you (or the auto repair shop if your vehicle is parked there) to coordinate pick up. The towing expense is on The Hub Garage. They will require the following from you:
- Signed title exactly how your name is on the front of the title. You can still submit their car for donation even if you don’t have a title or the title is missing.
- The buyer’s name on the title must read The Hub Resource Center Inc (not The HUB Garage).
- The Tax Credit Receipt will be e-mailed to you within 4-6wks from our third-party vendor once the vehicle is sold.
IF THE VEHICLE IS REPAIRABLE: YOU WILL NEED TO:
- Sign the title exactly how your name is on the front of the title.
- Fill out the buyer’s name, it must read The Hub Resource Center Inc (not The HUB Garage).
- Provide a notarized gift affidavit to the Hub Garage, the form can be found here. The notary will need to be
found on your own.
- Confirm the color and exact mileage of the car.
- If applicable, provide official documents showing proof of release of lien, if a lien was listed on the original title.
- If accessible, provide a bill of sale. This is helpful in our process but not required.
- Please mail all these documents to:
- The Hub Garage
- PO BOX 1677
- Hutto, TX 78634
- The tax receipt will be e-mailed to you once The Hub Garage receives the above documents.
- You and/or the auto repair shop is to nominate a recipient within your community for the repaired vehicle.
- You/the auto repair shop might need to help with the transfer of the title if needed. The title transfer needs to happen within 30 days from the date on the title or they will incur a penalty fee. The recipient will need to bring the following forms to their local tax office to get their title transferred:
- The signed title
- Proof of car inspection (Inspection paperwork must reflect the inspection was performed within the last 30 days, or it’s not valid)
- A notarized gift affidavit from The HUB Resource Center, which proves we donated them the vehicle. This will be mailed back to you/the donor by The Hub Garage.
- If no local recipient is known, The Hub Garage will nominate someone and manage the transfer of the vehicle if necessary.
Do you have a car that isn’t considered salvageable or is going to cost you too much to repair? We’ll gladly take that off your hands and sell it at auction in order to provide a working car for one of our recipients.
"*" indicates required fields
100% of donations go directly toward car repairs for single moms
Private donors cover our operating costs, so you can give knowing your whole gift will help those in need.